The Clinical Maze is coming to Sheffield and is a 1-day, fast paced, knowledge thirsty course designed to challenge, debate and further our clinical reasoning. Exploring your differential diagnosis and index of suspicion within MSK assessment, we will discuss:
- Systems thinking
- MSK and Non-MSK pathology
- The impact of inflammatory, rheumatology, vascular, neurological, orthopaedic and genetic influences.
- Gut instinct
- Red flags
Triage will be discussed in context, with consideration for imaging, bloods, nerve conduction studies, injections, pharmacology and governance. First Contact Practitioners (FCP) will also be reviewed with the ever-changing face of healthcare and the front line MSK Practitioner.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of Systems Thinking and its impact on clinical practice
- Enhance your differential diagnosis in Vascular, Neurological, Orthopaedic & Inflammatory pathology
- Recognise key signs in relation to sinister pathology and MSK Masqueraders
- Enhance advanced practice clinical reasoning skills in the management of MSK disorders
- Consider case studies to qualify and quantify our decisions and index of suspicion
- Establish a deeper understanding of which investigation(s) and why
- Governance considerations within advanced clinical practice
Who is this course suitable for?
- Due to the changing nature of MSK service delivery, this course is suitable for all musculoskeletal practitioners. It will be particularly useful to first contact practitioners, aspiring ESP clinicians within MSK/Orthopaedic triage or experienced ESPs looking for an update.